Vietnam has attracted over US$19.2 billion worth of foreign direct investment (FDI) since early this year up to October 20, a year-on-year increase of 40.8%, according to the General Statistics Office of Vietnam (GSO).
In the past ten months,
- 64% of total FDI capital was registered to pour into manufacturing and processing industries.
- 13.6% of FDI capital was registered to be invested in electricity, gas, water and air conditioner production and distribution sectors
- 11% of FDI capital was registered to go into the real estate sector.
- Malaysia was the largest foreign investor registering new projects in Vietnam with over US$2.4 billion, making up 19.4% of the total newly-registered capital.
- It was followed by the Republic of Korea (accounting for 16.6%)
- The United Kingdom (accounting for 10%), among others.